Residential Operations Officer
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
- Join ASX 100 Finance Leader
- Flexible workplace & collaborative team – we value great culture!
- Sydney CBD location - Close to public transport
An opportunity has arisen for a Residential Operations Officer to join the team. Our Residential Mortgage Operations team is responsible for providing operational support to the Residential Mortgage Sales Teams.
This is a high volume, fast paced role where you will responsible for all post settlement functions for residential mortgages such as; the preparation of conditional and approval letters, preparation of variation documentation and investigating reporting, settlements, order valuations, construction progress payments and discharges. You will be required to liaise with and instruct external panel solicitors as well as large amount of stakeholder engagement therefore a high level of written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Previous experience within the banking and finance space
- Strong skills in managing residential loans and the settlement process
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to manage a number of technical platforms
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
- You will be a quick learner and maintain the confidence and flexibility to take on any task.
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- Accessible work support through various practices, systems, office adjustments
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, EPIC (LTBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.