Banking Operations Officer
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Banking Operations Officer to join our Transaction Accounts Operations team.
In this role you will report to the Team Lead of Cards, Payments and Retail Banking Operations and be responsible for:
- Account opening for Retail Banking Products including credit card, everyday bank accounts, overdraft facilities and deposit products
- Checking and Completing of AML/CTF documents
- Static data maintenance
- Processing and completion of customer queries
- Liaising with front office and other internal business units with account related matters
You will also have the opportunity to further your responsibilities to include:
- Processing daily payments chargebacks and disputes
- Managing term deposit maturities and notice withdrawals
- Managing the successful submission of payment batches and SWIFTS
- Managing audit confirmations, trace and recall requests
- Investigating outstanding reconciliation items
- Preparation and settlement of Foreign Currency deals
- Uploading of batch payments for leasing products
- Processing card transactions
- Maintaining Priority Pass points
- Statement quality checking
With a hybrid team structure, this allows for continuous growth and opportunity to develop the necessary skills to make this role a success.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- 1 – 3 years previous experience in a similar role with client service and or sales and operational background
- Proven customer service orientation
- Substantial knowledge of the Bank’s general banking operations
- Sound knowledge of competitors products
- Sound knowledge of industry changes
- Ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and build rapport while servicing client’s transaction banking needs.
- Ability to work in a busy environment
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Takes ownership of work and has high attention to detail
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- Accessible work support through various practices, systems, office adjustments
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.