SIAM Major Incident Manager
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Location: South Brisbane
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
The Major Incident Management team is responsible for managing, coordinating and leading all major P1/P2 and preventative P3 incidents 24x7. This will be a team of five in rotation. MI manager will build out the major incident capability across the Technology landscape. You will play a key role in implementing the Major Incident capability to enable a simple and robust service. You will utilise your strong background in incident resolution and management, customer service and service management.
Major Incident Management
- Manage, coordinate the BoQ Major Incidents that cause significant outage or have the potential to cause significant outage to the business units providers, internally and externally. This role is responsible for leading the MIM team in adhering to the Major Incident Management process.
- providers, internally and externally. This role is responsible for leading the MIM team in adhering to the Major Incident Management process.
- Ensure that business impact is identified and clearly articulated, liaising with the SOMs.
- Work with Change Management implementation teams when a change deviates from plan, and ensure that the correct outcome for the Business is observed in deciding to move forward or roll back the change.
- Participate in Post Incident Reviews to drive incident reduction, and repeat occurrences.
- Around 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability to lead and influence teams of vendors and internal business clients
- Demonstrated expertise in provision of high quality customer service in a leveraged infrastructure environment
- Advanced communications skills, presentation skills to all levels of management are essential.
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to work well with incomplete or ambiguous data
- Well-developed adaptive problem solving skills that can be applied in a broad or generally defined environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills & stakeholder management in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated commitment to Continual Process Improvement and self-development.
- ITIL IT Service management experience in Change, Problem and/or Incident management processes
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, incident module, problem module
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- Accessible work support through various practices, systems, office adjustments
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, EPIC (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.