Relationship Manager Residential
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
The role of the Relationship Manager is to deliver on our distribution strategy by building on a mortgage portfolio through new client acquisition and management of existing clients. The role will be responsible for achieving individual sales and growth targets whilst providing exceptional customer service to our core medical client base.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively within their team to develop and share a portfolio of new and existing clients who engage in an entire banking solution
- Promote and sell our banking product suite to core clients, including meeting clients at their home and/or place of work to conduct interviews to determine financial situation and objectives, discussing options for the client and developing tailored solutions
- Consistently meet and/or exceed individual volume targets and performance objectives.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing development of the POD client acquisition strategy, including Marketing strategy
- The Specialist plays a key role in driving the PODs direction and performance including client acquisition, volume, and primary client relationship and satisfaction
- Manage relationships with clients leveraging and aligning internal resources to maximise client satisfaction and retention
- In conjunction with clients accountants, proactively work with clients to understand financial objectives and help implementing plans to realise these objectives
- Develop leads for other areas of the business (commercial and deposits) to enhance client relationship and retention of client and where appropriate referring clients to our strategic business partners for other services, for example insurances.
- Actively coaching the Internal Consultant in achieving the partnership/POD’s joint objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of our client niche and market issues
To be successful in this role we are looking for a strong candidate to come in and hit the ground running. Some of the skills and experience required to be successful in the role include:
- Degree would be preferable, but experience most valued
- Demonstrated aptitude for Banking, Finance and Industry niches
- Strong sales track record
- Understanding of credit, risk and security
- Understanding of contracts and documentation
- Energy, initiative and proactive approach to selling and relationship management
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- Presentable appearance
- Behaves with integrity and professionalism
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy & self-confident
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.