Relationship Manager Commercial
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
The role of the Relationship Manager is to deliver on our distribution strategy by building on a portfolio through new client acquisition and management of existing clients. The role will be responsible for achieving individual sales and growth targets whilst providing exceptional customer service to our core medical client base.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively with EC/IC’s to promote and sell our commercial product offering to core clients, including meeting clients at their home and/or place of work to conduct interviews to determine financial situation and objectives, discussing options for the client and developing tailored solutions
- In conjunction with clients accountants, proactively work with clients to understand financial objectives and help implement plans to realise these objectives
- Monitor ongoing needs of existing client base and work with External Consultant to review and where necessary, and update the clients banking solutions
- Take ownership of each new deal from application stage through to settlement, including workflow management through the credit approval, documentation and settlement processes
- Determine loan serviceability, complete risk grading, prepare credit submissions and actively manage the deal through the credit approval process (ensuring policy requirements & approval conditions are met)
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (credit, operations, CSC, PSOPS and etc.) as well as clients, accountants, solicitors and relevant third parties to ensure efficient settlement of each deal
- Assist with multiple product distribution by assisting the External Consultants to identify cross sell opportunities within existing client base
- Take an active role in POD marketing activities when required, including EDM’s and outbound call campaigns
- Ongoing client maintenance and assist POD with client retention
- Assist with training and mentoring the Internal Consultant in achieving the partnership/POD’s joint objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of our client niche and market issues
- Exemplify the BOQ Group values of Spirited, Optimistic, Curious, Inclusive, Accountable and Lionhearted to contribute to the purpose of Building Social Capital through Banking.
- Understand and comply with the Code of Conduct and any additional policies and procedures which apply to the role to ensure BOQ Group excels, complies with laws and regulations, and upholds their reputation.
To be successful in this role we are looking for a strong candidate to come in and hit the ground running. Some of the skills and experience required to be successful in the role include
- Relationship management experience
- Ability to read Financials and determine serviceability
- Understanding of credit, risk, security and lending
- Good understanding of Lending products
- Good team player with a positive and can do attitude
- Strong organisational skills and effective time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Keen and quick to learn
- Confidence and flexibility to take on any task
- Ability to take a proactive approach
- Client centric
- Confident communication skills
- Achievement focused
- Self motivated, effective management of workload
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.