Group Accounts Payable Manager
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
BOQ Group are currently looking for an experienced Group Accounts Payable Manager within our Finance Operations team! This role is responsible for the coordination and management of daily activities.
You will lead and contribute to the standardisation of Group processes to deliver contemporary and seamless transaction services whilst ensuring compliance with financial obligations and controls.
You will be the accountable owner for the processing of the Group’s creditor and debitor invoices, and staff expenses via corporate credit card or personal claims. Additionally, you will provide oversight to ME Bank’s Broker administration and commissions activities.
You will manage a team of 6 Accounts payable and Broker officers across 2 locations (Brisbane and Melbourne) to deliver the business unit’s objectives.
As the Group continues its transformation journey you will provide subject matter expertise into the design and implementation of new Accounts Payable/Receivable systems and processes.
As the successful candidate for this role, you will bring the following experience:
- 5+ years managing an accounts payable function
- Proven ability to manage routine operations while undergoing change management
- Experience of system implementation highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with accounting packages and ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Workday etc), and medium level of Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organisation.
- Consistent ability to manage deadlines
- Relationship building between creditors and staff to enhance credibility and service environment.
- Passionate about and demonstrated delivery of continuous improvement
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.