Junior Data Reporting Analyst
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Location: South Brisbane
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
- Join a supportive team where you can really develop your career
- Full time opportunity with flexibility on location
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Data Reporting Analyst to join the Business Intelligence and Data Science department of BOQ Group (which includes Bank of Queensland, Virgin Money Australia and ME Bank).
Being part of a supportive team, you will have the opportunity to be trained to become an integral member of the team! Where you will learn to identify ways to drive simplification & automation of analytical processes and improved data visualisations, dashboards and self-service reporting. As well as assisting in delivering ad hoc analysis & insights to solve business problems & be involved in influencing business direction.
Also learning to Develop and maintain performance dashboards and BAU weekly/monthly reports, including maintenance of PowerBI reports and database processes. As you gain more experience in this role you will become instrumental in creating useful business intelligence for product, marketing, and senior management consumption. This role will see you providing intuitive and in-depth, reporting and analysis to a range of internal clients to support their wider performance reporting as well as providing clear insights & recommendations supporting for future planning and performance optimisation.
Another key element that you will be trained in is being able to assist in identifying unusual trends that might alter the business outcomes and then work to provide clear reporting data to show these trends. You will also be involved in supporting our strategic pillars including, risk, effective client management and effective management of scares resources for product and marketing initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conducting analysis to understand customer-related challenges through behavioural, qualitative, and predictive analysis over a range of systems including database and cloud environments.
- Supporting the development & implementation of marketing campaigns, including, data selections, campaign tracking, pre- and post-campaign reviews.
- Understanding and complying with the Code of Conduct and any additional policies and procedures which apply to the role to ensure BOQ Group excels, complies with laws and regulations, and upholds their reputation.
We are seeking a pro-active, self-starter with exceptional communication skills and the ability to learn to explain complicated concepts. You will be analytically minded and curious to gain deeper understandings of complex data/relationships, a team player that works well with other team members as well as being comfortable working autonomously.
Other attributes you will possess are:
- Experience or qualifications in advanced maths, statistics or science faculties (preferable).
- Experience using database extraction, processing and visualisation tools like SQL, Power BI and Cognos (or similar) preferred but not essential
- The ability to proactively identify and highlight trends within the Virgin Money customer base that can be used to optimise customer experience, customer value and marketing effectiveness.
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.