Personal Banker | Community Bank Blackburn South | VIC
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Job Type: Full time
- Drive the success of the business and truly connect with your customers
- Relationship building, consumer lending, sales conversations and team mentoring
- True work/life balance
Do you have lending experience and leadership aspirations?
About the team and role
Known internally as a Customer Relationship Officer, the role provides a high standard of professional service that explores the customer’s needs and circumstances and provides consumer lending and other financial solutions relevant to their lifestyle. You will demonstrate a high level of ownership which is based on building strong relationships with new and existing customers and the wider community. You will actively engage our customers to explore the best products and services to suit their needs.
The successful candidate will closely support the Branch Manager in developing and coaching team members to understand our products and services and to provide quality referrals. We are seeking candidates with a positive attitude and communication style, who take initiative and share best practices with the team.
This position is a great career opportunity and will ideally suit someone aspiring to be a leader and looking to further develop their skills in the consumer lending space.
We have a full-time permanent opportunity available.
We are looking for someone keen to learn and progress in their career. A successful Customer Relationship Officer will bring:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales results through solutions which truly meet the customer’s needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with new and existing customers face to face and over the phone
- Capability to coach and up skill team members
- Highly developed relationship building skills
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- A willingness to get involved in local community engagement activities and to share with others what makes our bank different
- Lending and insurance accreditation – advantageous but not essential
- Experience in consumer lending and the banking and finance industry - a plus but certainly not essential for someone with great sales experience in a retail environment
Bendigo Bank is a highly regarded and progressive national financial services organisation. We believe our success depends on the success of our customers and the communities in which we work. Bendigo Bank is currently working with communities to secure banking services into the future.
We recognise the importance of diversity and continually strive to provide an inclusive work environment where people are treated with respect; feel valued and can achieve success. We believe our success depends on the commitment, integrity and skill of our staff.
What we offer
- Extensive training and coaching to ensure your ongoing success in the role
- As part of a national organisation we are able to offer exciting career paths into various positions including management within the Bendigo Bank Group.
- An attractive staff benefits package
- The opportunity to get involved in great local community projects
It is a condition of employment with the Bank that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you have a medical contraindication or acute illness which prevents you from receiving the vaccine and you provide satisfactory evidence of this to the Bank