Senior Manager Risk, Corporate Functions
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Geelong, Melbourne, Sandgate, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
We have a clear strategy and important work in place to become Australia's bank of choice. Our values of teamwork, integrity, performance, engagement, leadership and passion are at the core of who we are and form the expectation of the behaviours we adopt every day.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Customer Enablement function comprises those teams whose predominant focus is on enabling our customer facing roles in their support of customers. With a strong focus on contributing to the Group’s productivity targets, the ultimate purpose of the function is to ensure our front- line staff, partners, digital platforms can deliver an experience consistent with our targeted customer value proposition.
The Risk and Compliance (R&C) function has responsibility for the enabling the Group to manage the risks associated with their respective area of focus in, line with the Group’s risk appetite. In that support, the R&C function will enable the success of the business by instilling a culture of risk management as a core part of how we support our customers and ensure that we have the appropriate processes and practices to meet our compliance obligations.
About the role
As Senior Manager Risk, Corporate Functions and reporting to the General Manager Risk & Compliance you will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and management of the risk and compliance framework for the Divisions you support (including Group Risk, Finance, People and Culture).You will be part of the Risk and Compliance Leadership team and work closely with other members of the Divisional Risk teams, Centre of Expertise teams and Group Risk (Line 2) teams and develop key working relationship with senior management, Group Risk, Group Legal, Group Internal Audit and external stakeholders to enhance and develop a strong risk and compliance culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the first line risk and compliance function across the in-scope Divisions including the ongoing development of a high performing team to deliver on all aspects of the Group risk frameworks
- Represent the in-scope Divisions in internal and external forums and to establish effective networks to support the development of best practice
- As a member for the Risk and Compliance Leadership team credibly challenge the management of issues and the development and implementation of strategy
- Lead the continuous development and enhancement of the framework for managing risks across the in-scope Divisions, ensuring processes are fit for purpose
- Lead the review of customer impacting operational risk events up to the point that they are transferred to the Remediation Team.
To be successful you will have
- Tertiary qualifications in Risk Management, Law or Business-related fields
- Demonstrated in-depth Risk and Compliance experience in Banking and Financial services with a strong operational risk focus (Line 1 or 2 risk roles)
- Strong understanding and practical knowledge of Operational Risk and Compliance Frameworks
- Sound understanding of Banking operations, products, policies, procedures, legislation and regulatory requirements
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to present to stakeholders at all levels and produce insightful reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability lead, influence and negotiate to drive desired outcomes
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to build and manage high performing teams
- Self-driven, inquisitive, highly motivated and adaptable with strong problem solving and time management skills
What we offer
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Enclosed is a PD for this opportunity Senior Manager Risk, Corporate Functions PD.docx
Applications close Thursday 8th December 2022
For further information about this opportunity please contact Libby Prouse Senior Recruitment Advisor on (03) 8643 4015 or firstname.lastname@example.org