Head of Governance, Advisory and Analytics – 2LOD
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Job Type: Full time
Our Purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago, and every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Performance, Passion, Leadership and Engagement.
About the team and role
Part of our Group Operational Risk (GOR) the Head of Governance, Advisory and Analytics is a leadership role with high levels of responsibility, accountability, visibility and plays a critical role in the successful delivery of the GOR strategy. The position encompasses leadership, management, development and ongoing improvements to:
- The Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF), Policies and Tools,
- Non-financial risk reporting to management and board committees including corporate secretariat functions,
- 2LoD oversight of 1LoD through ongoing oversight, challenge, advice, reviews and support on all non-financial risk matters.
- The role will also lead the GOR Data and Analytics team, delivering enhanced reporting and data insights, which will enable a risk-based approach to oversight.
In leading an established mid-sized team you will engage with key stakeholder relationships including Op risk committees, Board risk committees and the Transformation Office.
We are open to various locations.
Experience, capabilities and qualifications
- Technical knowledge and experience in non-financial risk disciplines and functions, including but not limited to operational risk, business continuity, policy, framework, project risk and IT/Data risk.
- Ability to develop strategic, commercial solutions and “fit for purpose” solutions for implementation and advancement of the Operational Risk Management Framework across the Group.
- Proven project management and change management expertise including Risk Transformation Programs
- Ability to investigate internal loss events for remedial action and escalate to management as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and educate all levels of management and staff in non-financial risk.
- Tertiary qualifications in a business, law, finance, risk, compliance, statistics, or technology related discipline is preferable.
What we Offer
A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential and achieve your objectives.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.