Public Relations Manager
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sandgate, Sydney
Job Type: Part time
On our journey to be Australia’s bank of choice, we continue to set the example of how banking should be: progressive, innovative, sustainable, shared, and most importantly, trusted.
Our Public Relations team supports the Bank to achieve its vision to be Australia’s bank of choice by taking ownership of the Bank’s reputation through the wider public domain and the media, and in setting and refining the right corporate messaging for other externally facing communications channels.
About the role
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Public Relations Manager to join the team, reporting into the Head of Public Relations. You will play a crucial role in helping to shape the voice of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, and articulate the organisation’s vision, strategy, purpose, values, key objectives, and outcomes.
No two days will be the same as you regularly monitor public opinion regarding the bank and particular issues. Proactively and reactively engaging with media, producing material for print, online and broadcast, preparing media releases and briefing papers, as well as providing event support as required.
You’ll bring your thorough understanding of the media landscape to add value, and forge respectful relationships across all levels of the organisation. Previous experience in the banking and financial services industry will be highly regarded. With genuine access and visibility to key decision makers you’ll have a unique career opportunity to stand out, influence, and make a difference.
Join a small, respectful team of professionals, all with varying strengths and industry expertise, where you can share knowledge and work collaboratively.
This permanent full-time role can be based in Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, or Sydney for the days that you’re in the office, with hybrid ways of working our norm.
As the Public Relations Manager you’ll get to:
- Provide strategic advice on emerging issues and communication strategies to other divisions
- Assist with the drafting and editing of communications materials bound for multiple audiences with input from various stakeholders
- Proactively identify and develop opportunities for earned media in line with the Bank’s strategic imperatives of reducing complexity, investing in capability, and telling our story
- Monitor traditional and emerging media to understand public perception of the bank and related industry issues
- Ensure the Bank remains responsive to media enquiries and deadlines, preparing and distributing media and ASX releases as directed
- Develop and nurture strong relationships internally with relevant executives, senior leaders, subject matter experts and team members. Ensure strong and co-operative external media relationships are developed and maintained
- Assist with the preparation for and execution of events such as the interim results, full year results, and the AGM
- Ensure executives are fully briefed ahead of public appearances and interviews with media
To be successful in the role, you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as Public Relations, Journalism, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated prior experience in a Media, Public Relations, or professional Communications role, ideally within the banking or financial services industry
- Project management and event management skills
- High-level verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with a broad range of people
- A thorough understanding of the media landscape
- The ability to identify and write media-ready stories
- Great relationship building skills, being able to negotiate with influence
- The ability to think strategically and suggest innovative communications solutions
- Superior attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and work to tight deadlines
- Previous experience or interest in issues relating to the ESG space will be highly regarded
What we offer
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Working with us opens the door to a whole lot more than a fee free account. Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential.
Bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on-the-job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury, or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may close before the listed closing date of Thursday 2 February. If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.