Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Ipswich, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Our goal to be Australia’s Bank of choice drives us to set the example of how banking should be: progressive, sustainable, shared, and trusted.
Within our People & Culture function sits our People Advisory Centre (PAC). This team is responsible for delivering accurate and timely advice on people-related policies, procedures, and people programs to leaders and our staff enterprise-wide. PAC is the centre of excellence for generalist advice, the face of People & Culture, and accountable for delivering trusted and outstanding service to the bank’s people.
About the role
Our HR Advisor role, internally referred to as People Consultant, is primarily responsible for providing timely, accurate, and high-quality advice to leaders and staff across a broad range of people related matters. No two days will be the same as you switch between coaching leaders on effectively managing their teams, helping staff with employment related enquiries such as leave and pay, learning and development, WHS, or escalating to appropriate specialist teams. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide professional information always going above and beyond to educate and promote self-service – true knowledge sharing to empower our leaders and staff.
With an experienced background in HR from a large complex environment you will bring your generalist HR knowledge and passion for helping others. You’ll continue to learn on the job by asking the right questions to investigate complex enquires and contribute to the continuous improvement of processes by identifying opportunities and sharing your learnings with the team. Above all you’ll be customer-centric, obsessed with ensuring every interaction that anyone has with the PAC is positive and further builds an internal brand of excellence!
Join a People & Culture function whose vision is to grow a community where we want to work, where we are valued and where we belong. An experienced leadership team will coach and mentor you to grow your professional HR skills to the next level. Plus you’ll be part of an engaged and collaborative team that enjoy a bit of banter, jump in and support each other, value each other’s input and ideas, and where the work you do will make a real impact across our organisation every day.
This permanent full time role can be based in Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, or Sydney for the days that you’re in the office, with hybrid ways of working our norm.
As a People Consultant you’ll get to:
- Ensure timely and accurate advice is provided to leaders/staff in accordance with the ‘PAC Advice Knowledge Portal’ being delivered consistently, within agreed service response times, and the customer experience is outstanding
- Coach leaders and staff aiming to educate them to upskill their knowledge on the advice topic
- Educate leaders and staff on where they can access information through online self-help channels
- Keep leaders/staff informed when investigating more complex enquiries within scope of role
- Regularly identify opportunities for improvement to self-help information for our partnered stakeholder teams
- Work within the guidelines of the P&C Tiered Escalation Model and ensure timely escalation to a P&C specialist team where applicable
- Show passion and commitment to maintaining role expertise through proactive self-development and learning
- Demonstrate a strong personal interest in your own performance and the performance and reputation of the team
To be successful in the role, you'll have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification or diploma in Human Resources, Employee Relations, Workplace Health & Safety, or a related discipline desirable, or currently completing a relevant tertiary qualification/diploma
- Demonstrated experience in a similar HR Advisor role providing People & Culture advice/consultancy in a large complex organisation, ideally from banking or financial service sectors
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant employment related policies, the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Enterprise Agreement, contractual terms
- Proven capabilities advising managers and staff on conduct, performance management, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex enquiries and take ownership for the accuracy of the outcome
- Intermediate skills in MS Office suite and experience with HR systems
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, and outstanding customer service skills
- Experience writing documentation, scripting templates, or policy interpretation will be highly regarded
What we offer
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Working with us opens the door to a whole lot more than a fee free account. Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential.
Bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on-the-job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury, or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may close before the listed closing date of Sunday 5th February. If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.