Mine Scheduling Administrator Assistant | Caval Ridge | 4:3 | Permanent
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Mine Scheduling Manager, you will be responsible for providing high level executive support whilst offering general administration support to the team when required. You will join an inclusive and strong performance orientated culture, where you will make a difference each day through providing outstanding support to a dynamic and engaging leadership team. You will have the ability to handle work in a fast paced environment as well as being able to manage various and conflicting priorities with excellent attention to detail. You will be a strong communicator, comfortable with stakeholder engagement across all levels of the organisation, with a proven ability to successfully support a dynamic leader.
If you are a self-motivated, forward thinking Administrator who is ready to make a difference, then this is a great opportunity for you.
- Provide high level support to the site Management Team with a high regard for confidentiality
- Extensive diary management including coordinating and scheduling of appointments and meetings, ensuring the Managers commitments and KPI’s are met
- Preparation of statistical data and reports as required
- Meeting preparation and follow up actions including sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary
- Use of SAP to create purchase orders as required
- Co-ordination of travel, accommodation, site access and visits
- Co-ordination of events and functions including team Lead team meetings, team building days and offsite meetings
- Corporate expense management including AMEX reconciliations
- Acting as the communication arm for the department with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and time optimization solutions to forward plan work and ensure effectiveness of leadership team;
- Working closely with the departments to support onboarding of new employees
- Supporting Superintendent and Supervisors with people management and meeting coordination
- Event management with both internal and external stakeholders; and supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
- General administration as required
- Previous experience in supporting senior leaders
- You must have the ability to build strong and genuine relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Exceptionally organised, proactive in your approach to work, with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise a variety of complex tasks
- Strong attention to detail, ability to understand complexity and a track record of providing quality information to senior management
- High level verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP experience desirable
- Experience coordinating / managing travel
- Effective communication on a variety of levels
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Achieves results through working with multiple stakeholders and managing multiple work processes in a busy and complex environment.
- Ability to work in outward facing Customer Service team where quality of service is required.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.