Specialist Asset Integrity Engineer | Brisbane or Bowen Basin | Fixed Term
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists to join our BMA Asset Engineering Team based in our Bowen Basin Operations or Brisbane. BMA Structural or Mechanical Engineering plays a critical role in ensuring safety and sustainability at each Operation.
This role, reporting to the Asset Integrity Superintendent, will play a key role in the governance and management of the Operations Asset Integrity. The diverse portfolio of Engineering’s accountabilities will allow this role to be dynamic in its scope to allow the person to develop their skills. The role is based in the Operation’s Governance and Technical Stewardship team.
- Manage the governance of the Asset Integrity for the Mine’s critical assets.
- Provide technical engineering support to front end loading of capital and operational projects.
- Review and approve modifications at the planning and close out tollgates.
- Govern, control and maintain the Operation’s as-built drawings.
- Provide technical knowledge and support the maintenance and production team’s onsite.
- Coordinate assessments and inspections to audit and document current condition of assets.
- Conduct in field audits against standards, maintenance plans and as-built documentation.
- Develop, review and update technical engineering standards.
- Govern, review and report on Asset Integrity remediation budget and risk profile across all BMA Operations
You should have experience across risk management, application of engineering principles, standards and technical auditing. Systems and process driven, you will need to be degree qualified (Mechanical or Structural) in Engineering, preferably with mining industry experience. Experience with working with SAP is desirable.
Due to the nature of this role you will need to be an engaging, outgoing and technically competent engineer with a professional and practical approach to Engineering.
As part of the Asset Engineering Team within BMA the following attributes will be key to your success:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Demonstrated experience in Mechanical or Structural Engineering (degree qualified).
- Technical experience in the lifecycle of Integrity Management is desirable.
- Demonstrated capabilities in effectively engaging with various levels and across Operations, Departments and Functions.
- Strong organising and problem solving capabilities.
- Adhere to and demonstrate BHP Charter Values.
- Encourage and promote continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve work practices and procedures.
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent inspection of the workplace.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.