Auto Electrician | Iron Ore | AREA C | 2 weeks on, 4 weeks off | FIFO
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Our team require the services of experienced tradesperson with a meticulous diagnostics, repairs & maintenance process (Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr, Hitachi and Epiroc fleet exposure advantage but not essential) to join the Area C Mobile Maintenance Team.
- Maintenance and repairs to a broad range of fleet
- Following scheduled planned / breakdown maintenance and carrying out inspections on equipment as required
- Execute work orders as per schedule and to a high standard
- Completing inspections and repairs as per the maintenance strategies
- Scoping and creating 1SAP notifications for preventative work
Mining Area C, part of Western Australia Iron Ore (WAIO), is one of nine iron ore mines and hubs in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Mining Area C was developed with our joint venture partner, South Korean steel maker POSCO. The mine is connected via a 39-kilometre spur line to the railway system linking mines at Newman and Yandi to ship loading facilities at Port Hedland. Mining Area C is located 120 kilometres north-west of Newman in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. It consists of eight open-cut mines, three ore handling plants and one train load-out facility.
To learn more about Mining Area C: Search: Mining Area C | BHP
As a rare vacancy to arise, this role works on a unique 2 weeks on, 4 week off roster rotation. An opportunity to secure a roster that works perfectly for the right individual, offering an attractive work-life balance, should you wish to travel, spend it with family or on other cherished activities, interests or people when not at work.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:-
- Australian recognised Auto-Electrical trade qualifications (or a closely related field)
- Field equipment electrical maintenance competency, with sound diagnostic abilities of our large fleet (Epiroc and Leibherr experience advantage)
- Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, be self-motivated and show passion toward the equipment within the department
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Experience in mining maintenance environment
- Capability in 1SAP or similar maintenance systems (desirable)
- C Class manual driver's license
- Modern fleet & equipment
- Safety always culture
- Job security & training & development opportunities
- Annual bonus scheme
- Outstanding FIFO facilities
- Generous share match scheme
- Novated leasing
- A broad range of discounts through our employee benefits package
- Ongoing support for you and your family through our Employee Assistant Program
- An opportunity to supercharge your career by working on world class projects
*To hear more about working within the BHP team watch: A world of possibilities - YouTube
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.