Diesel Technician (Water Operations) | Olympic Dam | 7/7
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The role will involve being an active team member, providing mechanical support to remote Diesel Fixed Plant Infrastructure across Olympic Dam Surface Operations, you will be working within our Water Execution team to ensure that remote infrastructure is operated and maintained to a reliable standard while adhering to operating requirements and striving for the safe achievement of individual, team and site objectives.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 day/night roster pattern arrangement, with residential, FIFO (from Adelaide) or DIDO options available.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Assist with any planned maintenance and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Provide mechanical trade skills to perform unplanned or breakdown maintenance
- Work remotely and with your team to a high level of accountability and be able to build productive team relationships
To find out more about working at Olympic Dam CLICK HERE
- Diesel Mechanic trade qualifications (Australian recognised)
- Auto-Electrical experience advantageous but not essential
- Experience in Engine Intelidrive and Comap diagnostics highly desirable
- Computer literacy and/or experience in 1SAP
- Be focused on working collaboratively within your team to achieve results
- Able to follow relevant processes and procedures within your department
- Be a team player who is self-motivated
- Willing to learn and contribute to promoting a supportive and positive team culture
- Current, valid drivers license required
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.