Performance Lead - Autonomous Haulage Systems | Daunia | 4/3 Roster
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to Superintendent Mine Control, the purpose of the role is to enhance or improve systems, processes, and analytics for Autonomous Haulage Operations.
The aim of this role is to provide effective and efficient solutions to AHS Control Team issues on all time frames (daily, short, and long term). You will liaise with technology, functional support, and mining teams to optimise workflows and increase truck haul performance.
The role will be based at Daunia on a 4/3 roster offering flexible travel arrangements.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop reporting and dashboards that assists the department to focus on problem areas.
- Provide technical input and expertise for the AHS Control Team.
- Assist in identifying inefficiencies in the execution of work and developing improvement strategies.
- Enhance system tools to suit AHS operations and reduce latency of data workflows.
- Coordinate interface activities that will drive improvement between teams.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and maintenance of common standards including improvements to processes and systems.
- Advise OEMs on improvement initiatives to enhance BHP tools and personnel skills.
- Manage and advise long term external projects which enhance efficiencies and add value to AHS Department.
- Implement change management initiatives that create value for AHS Control Team.
- Implement supporting systems that eliminate waste and endorse effective ways of working.
- Monitor day to day operations and troubleshoot issues identified by AHS Control Team.
- Assist external departments in initiatives for system improvement and enablement.
- Support the department to driver value from stakeholders’ insights
- Assist with management and execution of AHS Control capital project portfolio.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Preferred Tertiary qualifications (Diploma or above) within Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Advanced knowledge of Fleet Management Systems
- Experience leading and developing improvement projects
- Advanced data analytics
- Certifications in Data and Business Analytics- SQL, OSI PI and Business Objects is desirable
- Strong engagement skills and a customer focused mindset to constantly communicate effectively and build mutually beneficial relationships with our Customers.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment and the community.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.