Lead Project Studies Oak Dam | Adelaide
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Oak Dam
The Oak Dam copper discovery is an exciting undeveloped iron oxide copper-gold-uranium mineralised system located on the traditional lands of the Kokatha People, 500km north of Adelaide and 65km south-east of Olympic Dam, South Australia.
Since discovery in 2018, we have been progressing resource definition drilling to advance geological knowledge and commenced order of magnitude studies to identify viable development pathways with the potential to materially contribute towards BHP’s copper growth strategy.
About the Role
As a leader within the Olympic Dam Geoscience, Resource Engineering & Studies team, the Lead Project Studies will provide leadership and successful delivery of the Oak Dam pre-feasibility study (Identification Phase Study) aligned with BHP standards and requirements.
You will be supported by a cross-functional organisation integrating a wide range of stakeholders and workstreams to deliver an optimised investment case. You will have core capabilities and experience in multi-disciplined study management, investment opportunity framing, stakeholder engagement, value optimisation, risk management and business case development.
This role is based in Adelaide, with occasional site travel and offers excellent flexibility.
As the Lead Project Studies for this rare greenfield opportunity, you will:
- Live and drive BHP Charter Values, Code of Conduct and Respectful Behaviours.
- Lead and mentor a team of diverse professionals to deliver the Identification Phase Study aligned with BHP Our Requirements Global Investment Process and Capital Projects.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including geology, mining, processing, environment, project services, investment evaluation and external approvals teams.
- Identify opportunities to optimise value and manage risks to create and preserve value for the investment cases.
- Develop and manage study schedules, budgets and reporting, ensuring that issues are identified early and managed proactively, including managing engineering consultants and contractors.
- Apply an understanding of the business context, BHP operating model and ways of working to enhance decision making, productivity and value chain performance.
- A collaborative mindset with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with persuasive stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence and build effective relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Business acumen and understanding of business value drivers and value optimisation processes applying divergent and convergent thinking skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Geoscience, Resource Engineering, Project Management, or related disciplines.
- Experience with early phase studies in the mining and resources industry.
- Exposure to greenfield underground mining projects desirable but not essential.
How to Apply
Please apply online before 3 October 2022.
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.