Heavy Diesel Fitters & Auto Electricians | Newman - Whaleback | Residential
Job Type: Full time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are seeking the immediate assistance of highly skilled and experienced Diesel Fitters & Auto Electricians - for our Newman West Mobile Maintenance & Field Maintenance teams Our skilled and experienced Maintenance Technician's work at the closely located Mount Whaleback mine site, which at more than 5 kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world and with this comes some very impressive and large scale machinery.
Ideally you will reside or relocate residentially to Newman in the heart of Western Australia's Pilbara region, with relocation services provided by us as well as company housing with significant rental reductions and associated subsides such as heavily reduced water and electricity bills, allowing you (and perhaps your family) to establish a rural community lifestyle in the heart of the Pilbara. You will enjoy the benefits of returning home every night on our lifestyle roster (4 days on - 5 off, 5 nights on - 4 off, 5 days on - 5 off, 4 nights on - 5 off, 5 days on - 4 off, 5 nights on - 5 off)
Candidates also have the option to work FIFO strictly on a lifestyle roster from Perth if residential or relocation is not suitable.
Newman as a community has lots to offer in excellent schooling facilities both primary and high and a very active sporting community, where we show flexibility in the workplace to allow you to actively participate in community engagements. Whether it be wildlife exploration and national parks, outback adventures, outdoor fitness and recreation or getting of the grid, there is something for everyone A modern, updated town centre provides all the necessities for all, with regional community charm.
In your role your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preventative and breakdown maintenance of all mobile equipment by running diagnostics testing of specialist diesel machinery & equipment (including trucks and ancillary) in a mining environment
- Identifying and rectifying faults during inspections
- Testing engine safety, part upgrades, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventative maintenance and repairing faults
- Initiating updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment
- Providing input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in the implementing of the new initiatives in a constructive way
- Demonstrating a focus on safety, achievement and team engagement in all aspects of work
Considering residential? At the bottom of this advert watch: Newman a community you won't want to leave! or play on YouTube - Newman a community you won’t want to leave! - YouTube
To read more about Newman Operations and Whaleback search/google: Newman Operations | BHP - Newman Operations | BHP
To hear more about working within the BHP team watch: A world of possibilities - YouTube - A world of possibilities - YouTube
Living and working in the Pilbara home every night provides a climate that allows a life for outdoor living With significant more sunshine, design your lifestyle of your making. Additionally, the team at Whaleback are a close knit supportive team of mining professionals who make going to work a place to enjoy. A fantastic opportunity to expand your mining career with us, BHP.
Lodge your application to discuss if a Residential Newman may suit the next chapter in your life.
What is on offer?
- Permanent employment with BHP
- Residential opportunities for you (and your family)
- Home every night on a family friendly lifestyle roster with plenty of time for extended trips away
- Provision of company housing with subsidised rent, water & electricity
- Relocation assistance & costs coordinated by BHP
- FIFO options from Perth as an alternative (lifestyle roster only)
- Potential to take over Australian sponsorship visas (please note you must currently reside in Australia)
- Attractive annual bonus scheme
- Continuous focus on developing you to be the best you can be through our Mastery Program
- Generous share match scheme
- Novated leasing
- On-going Progression and training opportunities for your career
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Relevant trade qualifications
- A high level of technical experience technically/mechanically with Leibherr, Cat, Cummins and/or Epiroc is highly sought after
- Demonstrated diagnostics and breakdown experience with ideally both trucks & ancillary in a mining environment
- Dogging, Rigging and Forklift Licenses are desirable
- A commitment to safety, quality and attention to detail and procedure
- Computer literacy and/or experience in 1SAP
- Safety first and always mentality
- The ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- A teamwork mentality to achieve result
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.