Supervisor Metallurgical Laboratory Nickel West WA | FIFO Perth or Residential Leinster 5:2 4:3
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We seek an experienced Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor to supervise a small team of four in this newly created position.
You will be employed on a either a 5:2 4:3 or 4:3 roster FIFO from Perth or Residential in Leinster - Day Shift Only
This position will require you to undertake the following duties:
- Foster effective and productive working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Exercise a proficient level of technical knowledge and expertise to independently make informed decisions
- Identify, develop and deliver small process improvement projects
- Produce operating standards, procedures and work instructions
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Metallurgical Laboratory including scheduling tasks, QAQC of data, reporting of results, workplace inspections and coordinating equipment maintenance
- Work closely with the metallurgy team to develop and coordinate test programs
- Coordinate team training and development
The ideal candidate will possess the Following Attributes:
- Laboratory certification or relevant tertiary qualifications such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Science or Metallurgy
- 3 years or more experience as a metallurgical technician or Supervisory position
- Relevant experience in laboratory crushers, mills, flotation and sizing techniques
- Experience in sample collection and sample splitting best practices
- Lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and be prepared to coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Experience in building and fostering an inclusive workplace
- Ability to lead others and to effectively manage individual employee performance
- Highly engaged, collaborative and committed to building mutually beneficial relationships across functional teams
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.