Manager Strategic Services - Mining Electrification | Perth or Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About BHP's Strategy
The world faces a critical challenge to respond effectively to the risks of climate change. These risks are clear and pressing. Every segment of society – including business, government, investors, scientists and consumers – has a role to play.
BHP has a strategic approach to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to net zero within our operations by 2050 and to work with customers and suppliers to support their own emissions reductions, consistent with the ambition of pursuing net zero in our value chain.
About the Role
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated professional to join the Strategic Services operational decarbonisation team to shape the BHP decarbonisation roadmap.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Services, the Manager Strategic Services Mining Electrification will lead an Agile cross-functional team of subject matter experts in solving some of the most complex technical problems facing our industry including operational decarbonisation.
The role will support BHP’s in delivering on its commitments by:
- Delivery of specific elements of Minerals Australia Decarbonisation portfolio including, tracking, de-risking and optimisation/sequencing of the decarbonisation journey for the most economic outcome;
- Owning and project managing specific elements of the BHP Decarbonisation Roadmap to ensure that Australia’s operations meet their emission target reductions, including Power solutions, Diesel Displacement and tracking and program management; and
- Maintaining critical relationships and Influence external OEM partners to deliver BHP key requirements.
In this role you will play a leadership role to:
- Project manage complex strategic operational challenges facing the business beyond the five-year plan
- Influence and assist commercial teams with contract drafting, negotiations and KPI requirements
- Manage development of modelling required to drive decision making to the optimal solutions for the business
- Redesign operational core processes for our operations and provide the technical insights to OEMs to build towards lowest cost automated electrified operations and systems to get the right future skills and capabilities to reach this transformation
- Design trial plans and success criteria to deliver certainty to new operational technologies being introduced into our operations.
- Be the primary BHP technical liaison with key OEM partners
- Develop and lead a team culture that encourages diverse thinking, bias to action, technical capability and strategic solutions.
- Significant experience in Corporate Strategy and/or Mining Operations supported by tertiary qualifications
- Proven delivery of commercial / operational transformation outcomes in senior-level roles
- Solid understanding of Carbon accounting and Carbon offset markets
- Exposure and understanding of mine planning and mine operations
- Demonstrated ability of project R&D, study and delivery of projects
- Experience leading studies, projects and/or commercial negotiations
- Experience in strategic decision making and deliver complex solutions at pace
- Influencing skills and experience leading people not directly in reporting lines
- Experience with negotiating mutually beneficial outcomes with commercial partners and/or industry peers
How to Apply
Please apply online before 6th October 2022
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.