Fleet Technical Specialist | Perth Office | Monday - Friday
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Working on a Monday-Friday Roster at our Perth Office with flexible work arrangements, The Fleet Technical Specialist will maintain healthy, high performing and highly available mining systems to enable aspirational safety and production targets for Western Australia Iron Ore mining operations.
- Restoring unplanned service outages as quickly as possible and executing preventative maintenance activities to maximise availability;
- Managing operational technology activities within Service Now in adherence to service level agreements and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices i.e. incident, problem, change management;
- Identify, scope and implement improvement projects to maximise system performance;
- Actively improve our safety performance through field leadership, risk management and investigation support;
- Ensure system compliance to our requirements (like cyber and architecture) and on-board technologies are managed in accordance to production needs;
- Cultivate positive relationships with all Mining System customers and vendors applying the BHP Operating System principles where possible.
Our operational technologies:
- Load and Haul;
- Material Movement;
- Safety Monitoring;
- And Preventative Maintenance.
To be succesful in this role, you will possess:
- A background/exposure to mining production and maintenance operations;
- Develops, commissions and maintains high performance fleet/traffic control systems to control mobile and fleet systems (e.g. drill rigs, surface mining equipment, marine) at desired levels of performance;
- Installs, conducts verification/functional testing and regular post-installation calibration of automated equipment to optimise the safety and performance of automated operations across BHP;
- Possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritize effectively in a high-pressure environment;
- Effective stakeholder management skills, seeking to understand needs and leveraging relationships across departments to deliver outcomes;
- STEM tertiary qualification is highly desirable.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.