Manager Control Systems WAIO | Minerals Australia | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This role provides leadership to a team focussed on the production and development of autonomous fixed plant equipment control systems in line with business and functional requirements.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering for Technology Minerals Australia your key accountabilities include leading a team that:
- Understands our customer and how to meet their needs.
- Provides input into the design of capital projects and supports for the installation, commissioning and validation of industrial control systems
- Establishes the strategic direction and drives input into the identification and evaluation of new technologies to support control systems.
- Enables innovation aligned with the Technology roadmap to maximising key business drivers for each asset.
- Improvement of standards and blueprints for control systems.
- Major control systems upgrades and implementation of Advanced Process Control.
- Coordination and guidance of team resources and capabilities, internal and external, for their application to high value business projects according to Systems Engineering standards.
- System lifecycle definition and asset management.
- Engages with different work groups to reflect business requirements and corresponding functional design, within and extending existing systems.
- Risk management and verification of solutions developed and deployed.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste
We want you to be a clear and effective communicator that can relate to your team and key stakeholders. You will not be afraid to challenge the status quo and able to look at new and innovative solutions that can bring safety and productivity gains through the effective selection of control systems technologies. Coupled with business acumen you will have supported cross-functional teams in pursuit of transformation outcomes. A mining and resources background is NOT mandatory, and we welcome diverse industry backgrounds into this role.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Understanding of operational technology in an asset-intensive industry is essential.
- Quantified experience in enabling sustainable change outcomes for Technology in an operating business.
- Ability to deal with complexity and distil key issues with excellent analytical skills
- Experience in translating a defined set of business requirements into system and sub-system requirements specifications.
- Be able to connect strategy to action, and lead a team accordingly.
- Experience in creating a product to satisfy the design requirements.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles and Test and Evaluation methodology.
- Graduate qualifications in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting and guiding high performing technical teams.
- Demonstrated solution stewardship on technically complex projects would be considered highly beneficial.
- Exposure to automation and innovation.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
You will be working on a Monday-Friday roster with some opportunity for a Flexi work arrangement.
To find out more about working with WAIO team and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number – 59487
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant.
- Application closes on Monday, 3rd October 2022. While Virtual Assessment closes on Wednesday, 5th October 2022 (not applicable for BHP Internal applicants). Please note late applications will not be accepted
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.