Superintendent Modifications & Operations Project | Brisbane | Monday to Friday
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Engineering, this role will see you provide team leadership and functional expertise to drive world class delivery of Combined Projects (includes projects with civil, environmental and technology aspects) and Earth Moving Equipment (EME) portfolio across all the BMA Operations (including all mining equipment, from shovels, trucks, differs and all ancillary equipment).
This role is based in Brisbane with regular site travel required.
You will be responsible for scheduling and prioritizing all EME replacements in the 5 year plan and 2 year budget and initiating project contracts and sourcing strategic solutions for Engineering Projects.
You will lead the strategic sourcing and scheduling for the BMA portfolio from negotiation and execution of supplier contracts and also lead initiatives improving project management and cross functional engagements and alignment.
To be successful in this role you will be an effective leader and a collaborative communicator with the ability to manage multiple business priorities simultaneously.
You will also be a performance and achievement oriented professional, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and able to use your relationship building and influencing skills in order to deliver positive business outcomes.
You thrive for continuous improvement and will contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvement opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Oversee successful project delivery on time, within scope and within budget;
- Lead and develop a multi-discipline team of Project Managers and Specialist Engineers to safely and efficiently deliver a large and complex project portfolio;
- Engage and influence diverse stakeholder groups and positively influence outcomes;
- Model an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Be solution focused with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Mentor, coach and develop your team to achieve results;
- Nurture a high-performance culture through sharing best practices and striving for unity of effort;
- Participate in strategic planning activities for their team.
You will have:
- Demonstrated success safely managing project delivery teams;
- A genuine passion for coaching and mentoring others;
- Degree Qualified in Engineering;
- Preference PMBOK or similar certification;
- RPEQ status required;
- Developing working relationships with key people across multi- functional teams;
- Experience in an engineering field within heavy industry or construction, with exposure to capital projects;
- Solid understanding of project management principles and experience in project development and delivery;
- Understanding of commercial context in an operations environment which drive financial decisions;
- High level influencing and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Strong ability to coordinate multiple stakeholder groups to align and collect information;
- Excellent written and verbal skills with demonstrated ability to synthesise information for technical and business audiences.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.