Principal Smelter Development Nickel West WA Residential Kalgoorlie 5:2
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About The role:
Reporting to the Manager Smelter Development, we are seeking a Principal Smelter Development candidate to join the Kalgoorlie Smelter Leadership Team. Working with the Production, Maintenance, Engineering and General Managers, you will have a future facing and visible role within the Organisation assessing options, facilitating decision making and charting potential pathways for development and improvement across all aspects of the operation. This role is partly technical proficiency, with a strong focus on business acumen, value analysis and ensuring effective communication to Senior Leadership within the Organisation.
This 5:2 rostered position is preferred to be offered to a candidate on a residential basis in Kalgoorlie. FIFO from Perth (only) will be considered on a per candidate basis. Relocation support for uplift to Kalgoorlie is available.
- Focus on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader and engaging with the execution and support (Process and Reliability) teams
- Foster effective and productive working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Smelter Lead Team in critical analysis and facilitate effective decision making regarding complex or wicked problems.
- Develop and lead strategic programs of work across areas such as risk & control management, organisational design, operating strategy (Concept of Operations) and technical / plant investigations.
- Maintain alignment between the site projects and development pipeline and the Kalgoorlie Smelter Renewal (Rebuild) project, ensuring effective Transformational change from the investment.
- Facilitate, conduct and lead investigations into significant or major failures across the site.
- Engage with the functional model employed across BHP to ensure effective outcomes.
You will possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering – Metallurgy, Chemical or Process speciality would be highly regarded.
- Relevant experience in Smelting is highly regarded. Capable candidates with other industrial processing experience will be able to develop the required technical knowledge on the job.
- Demonstrate ability to process complex, wicked problems and develop a decision making framework support problem solving.
- Highly engaged, collaborative and committed to building mutually beneficial relationships across functional teams
- Together with any relevant experience your strong business acumen will be highly regarded
Situated in the Goldfields and located 595km ENE of Perth, Kalgoorlie is a modern and thriving city offering every possible amenity and attraction. Kalgoorlie is a city of great character and deserves it’s reputation as one of the most liveable regional cities in Australia. The Company offers generous allowance to support living and working within the Goldfields region.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.