Mine Planning SAP Production Scheduler | Peak Downs Mine | Flexible Rosters
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Mine Planning Manager, as a Mine Planning SAP Production Scheduler your focus is to maintain the production schedule(s) and integrate with other department schedules, with an emphasis on seeking opportunities to optimise the integrated schedule for selected strategies and work packages, while making the most efficient use of resources to achieve this.
This is a great opportunity to hone your mine planning and SAP scheduling skills as you gain exposure to a variety of equipment and mine intreactions whilst seeing the results of work as the mine is developed. You will also have access to a supportive, inclusive and results-oriented leadership team.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Support the Work Management process by scheduling all approved work before the required date;
- Coordinate with Operational Planning Specialist to ensure scheduling is aligned to strategy;
- Confirming and allocating Equipment/Workplace access time, and labour and equipment availability;
- Determine optimal work sequence within timing windows set by department planners;
- Identify and manage interactions and conflicts between activities, within specifications from department planners;
- Outline risks / opportunities in schedule;
- Review draft Integrated Schedule with the accountable Operational Superintendent;
- Work collaboratively with departments, to ensure the proper communication of timing and impact of scheduled work.
- Liaise with mine coordinator teams to document suggestions to improve the schedule;
- Obtain decisions from relevant parties to resolve critical issues
- Publish the execution schedule
- Review and improve process as part of the PDCA cycle.
As the successful candidate, you will have previous experience working at a Coal Mining operation and exposure to SAP scheduling.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must, allowing you to build relationships across departments and to communicate with disciplines at all levels. A strong working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office programs is a must and knowledge of Spry software packages will be viewed highly.
Access to heavily subsidised company housing or Single Person Village Accommodation is provided with this role.
The roster for this role can be flexible with options ranging from 5/2, 4/3 or 8/6, with flexible travel options available to qualifying candidates.
Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership and BMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages female and Indigenous Australian candidates to apply. .
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.