Principal Full Stack Developer | Perth Office | Monday - Friday
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Principal Full Stack Developer role is a Perth Office based position on a Monday-Friday roster with flexible work arrangements.
The purpose of this role is to lead the backend development of the BHP Standardised Work product suite. The successful candidate must be able to take the vision presented to them and using their skill and experience, be able to work with the design and development teams.
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Leading & developing the BHP Standardised Work product suite
- Design and develop the business logic and backend systems of the product
- Design and develop functional, performing and complete APIs
- Build applications according to the design, and provide designers with feedback/suggest trade-offs when required
- Receiving and providing feedback for improvement ideas.
- Writing both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Communicate with BHP Technology teams to resolve technical dependencies during implementation
- Assisting junior developers where possible
- Work with stakeholders across the business to answer questions and provide best business outcomes.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience in AWS (CloudFormation, S3, EC2, RDS as a minimum)
- Experience with Relational Databases (Postgres preferred)
- Experience in working in an Agile environment. SAFE framework experience highly regarded
- Django and ReactJS highly regarded
- IOS and Swift experience a benefit
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, API tests and end-user automation tests
- Experience with CICD pipelines
- Experience developing the full lifecycle of products with end user focus and engagement
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.