Superintendent Short-Term Scheduling | Olympic Dam | 8:6 FIFO or Residential
Location: Roxby Downs
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Olympic Dam
As one of Australia’s largest underground mines and most complex minerals processing operations, it’s quite unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well-equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities.
This position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on an 8/6 roster with residential or FIFO options available.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Short-Term Scheduling Superintendent to join the Mine Scheduling team at Olympic Dam. Through collaboration with execution, planning and design teams, you will deliver timely and accurate weekly schedules that enables safe, efficient and productive mining.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainable development;
- Consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day;
- Liaise with stakeholders to produce an accurate and comprehensive weekly mine schedule with sufficient granularity to enable safe and productive execution activities;
- Deliver a rolling 28 day plan of mine area activities which aligns to the 3 month rolling plan;
- Provide input into the medium-term schedule process to produce an executable medium term schedule;
- Build relationships with other work groups and customers to ensure issues are identified, escalated and resolved effectively in a timely manner;
- Analyse and foster a continuous improvement mindset through BOS practices and routines.
- Tertiary qualified in Mining Engineering or an aligned discipline;
- Mine scheduling and underground metalliferous experience would be advantageous;
- Proven experience in a similar leadership position;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively across different work groups and proactively engage with a range of stakeholders;
- Experience using Microsoft Office, SAP, Deswik.CAD & MDM or similar scheduling packages.
How to Apply
Please apply before 27 November 2022
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.