Material Logistics Officer | Iron Ore | Area C | 8:6
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
You will be based at our ‘Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out on a 8/6 roster. Our Area C mine is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
In this role, our successful candidate will work in a team to ensure our maintenance teams are set up for success with all parts delivered, documented in SAP and staged in the appropriate area. This includes our weekly teams, planned outages, unplanned breakdown situations and large-scale shutdowns.
Your responsibilities include:
- Comply with BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- A commitment to delivering a safe and efficient materials services
- Personal motivation to strive for operational excellence
- Participation in an environment that promotes teamwork, customer service and action orientation
- Safe and efficient execution of staging tasks as per Supply procedures
- High standards of work to maintain staging containers and yards to a global warehouse standard
- Ensure all MHE (forklifts, telehandlers) are operated professionally and safely
- Flexibility and the ability to work autonomously, or to lead by example as required by the operation
- Achieve and or exceed competencies as required under the department competency matrix
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience in warehousing/laydown yard management
- Handling of Dangerous Goods
- Field Leadership
- Chain of Responsibility
- Hazard Reporting
- Minimum Class C driver’s license
- High Risk Forklift license
- 1SAP experience
- Strong administrative and intermediate computing skills
- Excellent communication skills both at written and verbal levels
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.