Exploration Field Geologist - Area C | FIFO | 8/6
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Geoscience Field Geology (Iron Ore) team are seeking an Exploration Field Geologist to join a safety focussed, highly motivated and results-driven team, working in a positive and inclusive environment. Our team strives to provide targeted, high quality geological interpretations to meet our stakeholder’s needs by critically assessing geological information from brownfields Iron Ore exploration programs.
You will be empowered to deliver the highest quality geoscientific products and knowledge to our customers. Working both autonomously and collaboratively with a small team, core responsibilities include;
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Structural field mapping and reporting to support stakeholder objectives and develop a structural framework for our orebodies
- Drill management focused on accurate data collection to help guide business decisions and contribute to our overall resource understanding.
- Geological modelling in the Live Field Model daily to guide hole termination decisions
- QAQC of data to ensure quality data is delivered
- Support the development and delivery of continuous improvement (CI) initiatives and new technologies that drive value for the business
With a tertiary degree in relevant Geoscience discipline(s) (eg Geology/Geotech), the successful applicant will have:
- Structural mapping, interpretation and structural modelling experience will be highly regarded
- The ability to think in 3D to develop on-the-fly geological interpretations and use this to inform decision making.
- A passion for understanding mineral systems, driven by a desire to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Capability with 3D (Leapfrog) and 2D (ArcGIS) software, along with data analysis packages such as ioGAS or Spotfire are highly regarded
- The ability to influence, negotiate and effectively communicate geological concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders as required.
- Minimum full driver’s license
In this dynamic role you will work across our mine sites in the Pilbara, Western Australia on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 6 days off roster.
Candidates interested in Job Share or Part time work are also encouraged to apply, flexible roster arrangements such as 8 days on 20 days off will also be considered.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.