Superintendent HSE Business Partnering | Operations Services | Brisbane or Bowen Basin
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We have an opportunity to join our BHP team as a Superintendent HSE supporting the Operations Services deployments on the East Coast of Australia, reporting to the Manager HSE Business Partnering. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop and apply your HSE leadership skills and experience within a mature mining environment. In this role you will fulfil a key position within the Operations Services leadership team, leading a team of HSE professionals, and directly influencing HSE strategy and performance at the respective deployments.
This opportunity is well suited to someone who has people leadership capability and is looking to be part of a team that prides itself in setting the new standards and shaping processes to exceed targets across Australia, within a changing and diverse workforce.
The size and magnitude of our Operations Services business across Australia not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also a competitive base salary, superannuation, attractive performance based bonus and unique BHP employee share program.
Flexible work options will be considered with this role being offered as:
- Brisbane or Regional Queensland based with routine travel to deployments across Mackay and the Bowen Basin
- 5/2 Monday to Friday roster
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership for a team of high performing health and safety professionals
- Contribute to the ongoing development of excellent team culture
- Build capability within the operational leaders to enable them to create the desired health, safety and environment culture, and enact their HSE risk management and compliance requirements
- Identify, prioritise and implement required HSE strategies and initiates to support successful operational outcomes
- Support the site implementation of relevant HSE Business Plan initiatives
- Support the implementation of BHP Operating System (BOS) within the HSE
- Contract manage contractor partners
- Govern and maintain the design and implementation of HSE standards, procedures and systems
- Drive continuous improvement
- Ensure provision of technical expertise and deliverables to support the site Integrated Operation Plans
- Work collaboratively with other HSE teams & Functions to improve HSE delivery and risk management across the Asset
To be successful in this role, you will be a strong people leader with a proven passion for HSE. Your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will see you working closely with Operations Services, sites and external stakeholders on a daily basis and ensure operational challenges are raised and mitigating actions are taken enabling you to build trusted relationships across site and functional departments across all levels of hierarchy. You will also ideally have:
- Experience in leading and developing teams;
- Passion for creating an engaging, supportive and inspiring culture;
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving proactive HSE outcomes;
- Formal qualifications and/or equivalent experience in health, safety, environment or related discipline such as science or business;
- Forward thinking and proactive work style;
- A proven ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans;
- Drive to continuously develop those around you
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.