Truck and Water Cart Operators | BHP Operations Services | Queensland
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About BHP Operations Services
BHP Operations Services delivers industry leading mining services across BHP operations Australia-wide with specialist capabilities in load and haul, fixed plant maintenance and mobile maintenance. BHP Operations Services has a strong focus on people capability and culture. Our people are our greatest asset and are at the centre of everything that we do. We focus on high performance safety and productivity through our people. With world-class training that is unmatched in the industry and the opportunity to advance your career across locations and commodities, join the team and make your place in BHP.
If you would like to learn more about Operations Services, please Click Here
About the Role:
BHP Operations Services (OS) Production team currently operates across various locations within Australia. We are now recruiting for Truck Operators (Open Cut Mining) who can operate Haul Trucks and/or Water Trucks, mechanical and/or electrical.
BHP Operations Services Production, Queensland, is currently deployed to the following sites:
- Blackwater deployment;
- Caval Ridge deployment;
- Daunia deployment;
- Goonyella deployment;
- Peak Downs deployment;
- Saraji deployment.
What’s on Offer:
- Permanent employment with BHP Operations Services with all the benefits of full-time work;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Annual Bonus;
- Continuous focus on developing and upskilling with the possibility to diversified your equipment experience;
- Smaller teams focused on diversity, culture, safety, processes and performance;
- The possibility of learning new technologies as part of developing a long term career with us;
- Transportation to site – this provided from the main regional cities and discussed during recruitment process;
- Fully-funded flights are made available to OS employees for services between Brisbane to Bowen Basin hubs (Moranbah, Emerald, Rockhampton).
As the successful candidate you are:
- Confident in operating Haul Trucks and/or Water Trucks;
- A Safe Operator who is both dedicated and enthusiastic about your job;
- Keen to learn and with a willingness for self-improvement;
- Able to work to deadlines and remain effective under pressure;
- Effective listeners with well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Competent reading and writing skills.
This is your opportunity to show the best you can do, secure a permanent position and join a team that enjoy genuine career and learning opportunities. We want to hear from you so apply now and become part of the BHP Operation Services team.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK).
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.