Trainer AHS Auto Haulage | South Flank WAIO | FIFO 8:6
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
BHP is on a technology journey and has recently made the decision to transition to Autonomous Haulage at our WA Iron Ore Mine, South Flank. As a result of this transformation, new roles to support Autonomous Haulage Systems have been created, this includes the creation of Specialist Trainer AHS.
The Specialist Trainer position is a site based FIFO role at South Flank, operating on a family friendly 8/6 FIFO roster.
Within this position you will be responsible for implementing training plans and resource materials to ensure a high level of competency is maintained and candidates are trained and assessed fairly. You will provide training in the FrontRunner Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) for team members dedicated to Autonomous Haulage. This team will be the single source of information for all training content, including creation, delivery, and review.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the Autonomous Haulage Project Team and Mining Supervisors on all Autonomous operator training required.
- Ensure technical training is implemented.
- Maintain a training matrix for personnel.
- Ensure training materials are developed and updated in line with WAIO standards.
- Ensure adequately skilled operators are available across all shifts.
- Ensure training activities comply with the relevant Safe Work Procedures and statutory requirements.
- Assist in identifying and implementing initiatives that contribute value to the business.
- We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in delivering training in Komatsu’s FrontRunner Fleet Management control system.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following skills and experience:
- The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across a range of teams.
- Digital fluency and the ability to use and embrace technology.
- Understanding of learning principles, frameworks and the integration of these into the design of training programs to facilitate best practice learning experiences for participants.
- Ability to lead change and find new ways of adding value.
- An ability to train and coach learners with varying levels of experience.
- A strong commitment to continuous improvement with a focus on improving training materials and delivery methodologies to improve the experience and efficiency of the training approach.
- Experienced in mining operations with hands on experience in mine control fleet management systems.
- Previous experience with an Autonomous fleet management operating system is highly desirable.
- Experience using FrontRunner would be highly regarded.
Learn ore about South Flank click here
- Experience using Komatsu’s FrontRunner FMS (Train the Trainer certification is preferred)
- Training and Assessing Certificate IV or willingness to work towards progressing this qualification.
- Experience operating large mobile equipment in a production environment.
- Experience in a large-scale open pit mining operation preferred.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.