Superintendent Maintenance Contracts | Caval Ridge | FIFO/DIDO
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Maintenance, the Maintenance Contracts Superintendent is a pivotal role supporting the Maintenance Execution Teams in ensuring compliance to the Contractor Management Framework. You will provide direct leadership to a team of contracts professionals that provide effective and exceptional delivery and support of the contractor management framework.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with the BMA Standard Contractor Management Framework (CMF), BHP Charter, Code of Conduct, Our Requirements, Functional Level Requirements (FLRs) and relevant statutory obligations.
- Monitor and encourage team and individual development with a genuine passion for diverse thinking and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Providing a detailed focus on legislative compliance, and coaching and mentoring for intrinsic improvements in CMF compliance and broader safety outcomes.
- Identification and execution of continuous improvement initiatives to drive safety, cost and productivity improvements within contractor management and the wider business.
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of contracts professionals in delivering required business outcomes to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Supporting the maintenance execution teams in managing contractors engaged for work, by ensuring compliance to Contractor Management Plans and the site’s Safety Health Management System.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, maintaining a balance between current and future priorities;
- Dynamic leader and inclusive leader with great ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work autonomously, in a group environment and self-initiate work as required;
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in performing data trending and root cause analysis;
- Strong problem-solving skills (detailed analysis, well-reasoned judgement, and decision-making skills with attention to detail) including the ability to identify and recommend improvements;
- Desirable to have an understanding of legislation surrounding contractor management in mining;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage a variety of stakeholders effectively;
- Desirable to have experience in maintenance execution, mining or contractor management.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.