Production Support Officer | Port Hedland | Residential 5:2
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, the Production Support Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to the Production Superintendent and Supervisors
The role will be residential in Port Hedland working a 5/2 roster. Flexible work options will be considered.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Support the leaders with work including actioning labour requirements, liaising with Global HR/Asset Services.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team and Leaders with recruitment, onboarding & offboarding of budgeted positions.
- Create and maintain position data, manage work schedule rules and cost allocation relating to positions
- Communicate effectively and build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Calendar and email management to enable the efficient organisation and execution of daily activities;
- Preparing agendas, presentations and coordinating meeting logistics;
- Creation and preparation of reports and communications across the Production Team.
- Using SAP for purchasing (POs/ PRs)
- Warehouse delivery processing
- Event management with both internal and external stakeholders; and supporting projects and other ad hoc duties as required.
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and time optimization solutions to forward plan work and ensure effectiveness of leadership team;
- Travel and accommodation bookings,
- Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite,
- SAP experience desirable
- Experience coordinating / managing travel on varied rosters for large groups advantageous
- Effective communication, both written and verbal on a variety of levels
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills
- Achieves results through working with multiple stakeholders and managing multiple work processes in a busy and complex environment
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants’ suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are
committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.