Specialist Risk Programs | Nickel West | Perth | Mon-Fri
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana to capitalise on growing demand in the battery materials sector. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
To learn more about Nickel West please click here
About the Role
We are seeking a Specialist of Risk that will support the Manager Governance & Technical Stewardship (GTS) team. We are seeking an enthusiastic and process driven individual for the implementation, embedment and adherence to risk management process and frameworks.
Your key deliverables include:
- Executes activities to support Engineering compliance with key internal and external requirements;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to implement routines and changes that will drive results and effective management of risks across all facets of Engineering;
- Utilise a range of tools and to provide meaningful insights into performance against requirements and opportunities for improvement;
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to develop risk and control plans to effectively manage material risks within Engineering at Nickle West;
- Provides primary risk management support for Engineering.
We are looking for individuals that are self-motivated and possess business knowledge to drive business improvement outcomes.
To be successful you will demonstrate the following:
- Experience in management of risk, assurance and compliance activities;
- Experience in the resources, energy or industrial sectors;
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including geographically dispersed and virtual teams;
- Experience in facilitation (experience in facilitating risk assessments will be highly regarded) and coaching;
- Experience in developing and facilitating quality presentations to a range of key stakeholders:
- Experience in developing procedures and reports that enable continuous improvement:
- Working knowledge of SAP systems:
- Exposure across a broad spectrum of business activities and processes.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.