Principal IT OT & Networks Strategy
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
What We Offer
- Flexible work in a family friendly culture
High Profile Projects
- Support Digital transformation of BHP with projects designed to unlock long-term value
- Large program of work with people, with lots of opportunities to explore other teams, products, and technologies
About the Role
In this newly created role, we are seeking a Principal IT/OT to join the BHP Technology Strategy, Portfolio & Performance team. This role leads a team focused on the design, build and maintenance of high performing and resilient network services including IT/OT domains.
- Translates emerging technologies, user and business requirements into technology strategies and solutions to meet current and future needs.
- Spans both the IT and OT networks including the role of IOT, with an understanding of Networks, including wireless networking, fixed networking, switching and routing, network solutions (e.g. SD WAN, WAN, LAN) and firewall. Understands the challenges of networking in remote and industrial environments.
- Provides technology thought leadership on relevant networking technologies, including emerging technologies such as low orbital, 5G for varied use cases including underground, remote site and urban head quarter offices.
- Considers, defines and documents the pathways for new technologies into existing infrastructure landscapes.
- Works across diverse technology teams in business and technology groups to develop strategy, preferred solutions and gain endorsement.
- Represents the networking strategy in end-to-end strategy planning; identifying and articulating capabilities to support other technology goals
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experienced Architect in enterprise sized organisation.
- Experience in advisory and/or consultative development of architectures and strategies across matrixed organisations.
- Ability to lead small technical teams to develop architectures.
- Diverse Stakeholder management skills
- Relevant undergraduate qualifications in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or Technology/IT and cloud certification.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
To find out more about working at BHP, click here