Principal Digital Software Eng & MinAus
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
What We Offer
- Flexible work in a family friendly culture
High Profile Projects
- Support Digital transformation of BHP with projects designed to unlock long-term value
- Large program of work with people, with lots of opportunities to explore other teams, products, and technologies
About the Role
In this newly created role, we are seeking a Principal Digital Software Engineering to join the BHP Technology Strategy, Performance & Portfolio team. This role is critical to guide the development and implementation of software engineering framework for digital factories.
- Lead the development of software development framework to support digital transformation initiatives for BHP.
- Provide leadership, coaching and implementation support for the software development framework and software development lifecycle (SDLC) across BHP.
- Collaborate with Digital Ways of Working Principal, Testing Strategy lead, Digital Tech lead and key Technology stakeholders to create holistic design of Digital capability for technology, pairing technical tooling, software excellence and DevOps with Agile for complete digital organisation strategy.
- Create software engineering strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders across technology including Digital Factories, Testing Strategy and Security. Strategy will include key engineering considerations such as priority common developer skills, software development framework and software standards.
- Identify and plan software engineering strategy implementation such as roadmaps to guide transformation across technology teams.
- Define BHP Operating System (BOS) aligned business metrics and KPI’s related to the design and performance of the Software Engineering strategy.
- Identify and implement mechanisms of reuse, knowledge sharing, synergies and collaboration between Digital Factories to drive increasing velocity.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in software engineering, SDLC, software development frameworks design.
- Experience transforming organisational ways of working.
- Strong consulting / advisory skills ranging from analytics, strategy development, senior stakeholder engagement / influencing / facilitation and consensus building.
- Relevant undergraduate qualifications in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or Technology/IT.
- Desired Consulting / advisory skills, Relevant Development Certifications, Relevant Cloud Skills.
About our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
To find out more about working at BHP, click here