Head of Enterprise Strategy
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills, and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
What We Offer
- Flexible work in a family friendly culture
High Profile Projects
- Support Digital transformation of BHP with projects designed to unlock long-term value
- Large program of work with people, with lots of opportunities to explore other teams, products, and technologies
About the Role
In this newly created role, we are seeking a Head of Enterprise Strategy to join the BHP Technology Strategy, Portfolio & Performance Leadership Team. This role will translate business strategy into enterprise and platform strategies.
- Developing key strategies that support Asset and Functional performance, digital advancement and sustainability of our business. These will vary, but will be anchored in our enterprise imperatives. By way of example, the role will be accountable for the Global Technology Enterprise Strategy and implementation approach in support of BHPs digital transformation ambition.
- Ownership for developing critical governance and verification insights in support of driving performance outcomes for our Assets and Functions.
- Evaluating and driving fit for purposes solutions across the enterprise to accelerate momentum and effectiveness. Includes total cost of ownership and enterprise level considerations for Technology standards.
- Leadership of critical subject matter experts in the field of Cloud, Digital, IT/OT, Enterprise and Platform, in support of our Assets and Functions; brining excellence to our Minerals Australia, Minerals America & Global Functions operations; and leading technical people towards commercial outcomes.
- Creates the Technology Enterprise Strategy including platform guidance, architectures, best practice, and designs to inform execution plans for maximum business value and digital transformation.
- Empowers a small group to develop Technology strategies, roadmaps and platforms in alignment with the current and future needs of the business. These inform and guide the domain level work completed in Global Architecture, Enterprise and Global and Regional technology teams.
- Provides senior leadership to teams focused on the delivery, storage and processing of data.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience developing technology strategy including enterprise level transformation
- Commercial expertise
- Experience in senior leadership role with exceptional influencing, stakeholder management, negotiations skills.
- Awareness of key features in mining environment such as IT/OT, remote networking, SAP core systems.
- Stakeholder Management to gain consensus in complex, matrixed environments across diverse levels of experience.
- Thought leadership in new and emerging technologies, bridging to implementable roadmaps with relevant experience in legacy.
- Leadership skills
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (LINK)
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
To find out more about working at BHP, click here