Supervisor Rail Grinding | Track and Signals Maintenance | Port Hedland FIFO 8/6 roster
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
This opportunity is based at Port Hedland on a fly-in fly-out 8 day on / 6 days off roster. The facilities at the FIFO village include a fully equipped gym, swimming pool and sports courts. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
The Supervisor Grinding role reports to the Superintendent Asset Integrity and will be responsible for leading of a team of Grinding Contracting Teams, working towards improving and maintaining the reliability and availability of the Rail Network.
As a Supervisor, you will have strong leadership skills and have the ability to positively influence our safety culture. Your ability to lead by example, be proactive and prioritise Field Leadership activities will be critical to your success.
In addition, you will play a key role by:
- Having a genuine commitment to safety
- Promote and foster a positive and inclusive team culture
- Mentor and coach Grinding Coordinators and Contractor workgroups in-field concerning risk management and verification of tasks
- Overseeing the safe execution of Grinding Execution
- Supporting a Contract Management Workforce
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement projects – increasing safety whilst reducing risk & cost
- Ensure maintenance tasks are recorded in SAP, assigned correctly and completed to the relevant standard / specification.
As our successful candidate you will possess the following:
* Have demonstrated previous leadership experience in a maintenance environment
* Previous experience in working within a Grinding Teams (desirable)
* Hold a Certificate II or III Rail Infrastructure or capable to attain these qualifications (desirable)
* Hold a valid WA C Class Drivers Licence as essential. HR Licence (desirable)
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and people management skills
* Strong computer literacy, with experience using Microsoft applications and 1SAP
* Experience in assisting with building and implementing maintenance strategies
* Ability to work cooperatively in small team, demonstrating flexibility and adaptation to business requirements
* Comfortable with a working remotely arrangement.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. #LI