Electricians | WAIO | Newman | Residential
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability.
Come and be a part of this success
You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback' mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
About the role
We currently have opportunities for experienced Electricians to join our Maintenance Team in Newman working a lifestyle roster pattern. Motivated, adaptable and eager to learn, successful candidates will enjoy being part of collaborative and diverse teams.
As part of our high performing team you will:
- Install electrical equipment within the plant
- Fault-find on processing plant equipment
- Performing preventative and breakdown maintenance on electrical systems
- Conduct routine inspections of fixed plant equipment and performing preventative action where required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across site and functional teams to support collaborative outcomes
- Positively contribute to Ports culture; ensuring a strong focus on safety, performance and inclusivity
- Safely deliver our production goals through operation and optimisation of fixed plant equipment
- Actively engage and contribute in our improvement programs to help improve port every day!
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Australian recognised Electrical Trade qualification
- WA Electrical Licence or the ability to obtain one
- Current valid drivers licence
- Previous experience working on a mine site working with fixed plant and HV apparatus
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran