BHP Foundation | Communications Specialist | Melbourne | 2 Year Fixed Term Contract |
Job Type: Not Specified
About BHP Foundation
The BHP Foundation is a philanthropic organization, working to address some of the world’s most critical sustainable development challenges. We work in partnership with others who share these ambitions. With collaboration and innovation at the heart of our approach, we have taken a deliberate decision to be bold and ambitious in how we contribute to global sustainable development to make the world a better place for everyone.
Working with the Foundation offers you a unique opportunity to contribute to transformative change at a national and global level across our areas of focus and help generate positive impact on the lives of people around the world. We welcome passionate people committed to driving change and working as part of a team that seeks to raise the bar, find new solutions and set new standards for the future.
Read more about us on our website: https://www.bhp-foundation.org/en/
About the Role
Reporting to the BHP Foundation Communications Director, the Communications Specialist primarily creates written and visual content, manages the BHP Foundation’s digital channels, and stewards the application of our brand.
Working with 34 partner organizations that implement projects across 65 countries, this role includes the following accountabilities:
- Content creation – proactively identify, plan, develop, publish, and evaluate content across the BHP Foundation’s communication channels and publications. Activities include managing a content calendar for the team, supporting amplification and advocacy plans, facilitating the translation of content into Spanish, and working with creative teams on more complex graphic and video creation.
- Partner support – work respectfully with partner organizations to help achieve communications ambitions and amplify impact. Activities include developing and maintaining relationships with partner communications teams; reviewing use of Foundation content and brand; identifying opportunities for content; managing partner approvals; support partner social media activity and engage/promote; and provide implementing support as required.
- Social media and digital management – develop the Foundation’s social and digital presence as effective channels to connect with our audiences. Activities include publishing and maintaining website content; working with developers and technology support to improve website performance; managing and optimizing Foundation social media accounts on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter; planning digital content and publishing to schedule; developing and implementing advertising and campaign activity (assets, targets, budget) across social and digital platforms; daily social media monitoring and community management; and data analysis and reporting.
- Brand and visual library steward – managing Foundation brand assets and guidelines and providing advice to ensure our brand is accurately and consistently applied. Activities include supporting sponsorship activities, promotion, and participation; developing and maintaining brand templates and assets; and maintaining our image and video library.
- Donor communications – partner with the BHP global communications team to build awareness of the BHP Foundation and drive engagement across BHP’s workforce. Activities include article development; newsletter design and distribution; coordinating Q&A sessions with partner participation; organizing community events; and intranet publishing.
This role is offered as a full-time opportunity on two year fixed-term contract. Our preferred location is Melbourne, Australia.
- You have exemplary written and editorial capability across communications disciplines (channels, audiences, styles) with a passion for creating engaging, visual-led content
- You have experience in digital marketing and data analysis, having managed social media channels and digital advertising
- You are proactive, can plan and schedule content, and project manage to meet deadlines
- You preferably hold a tertiary qualification in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another relevant field
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The BHP Foundation seeks to have a team who reflects the people and organizations who we work with and like our donor BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.