Specialist Mining Equipment West | Perth or Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
- Trusted partner to operational and technical stakeholder in respect of commercials related to Mobile Equipment Technology
- Detailed understanding of the category including technical knowledge, demand analysis, spend analysis, market dynamics
- Works collaboratively across Supply (Region, Global and across sub-functions) and operational stakeholders across Australia to develop and execute category strategies
- Effective communication of strategies to all levels of internal stakeholders, from senior leadership to frontline operations developing business cases and leading change
- Works as an active team member across sourcing activities, projects or other contract portfolio accountabilities
- Contribute to achieving Supply performance targets
- Business partnering approach to value creation
- Builds trusted relationships and effectively influences key asset and functional stakeholders to deliver required work outcomes
- Contributes to a positive team culture across Category Management
- Assists Manager Category Management and Principals to manage portfolio risks and governance requirements
- Category Management (regional and global peers)
- Technical Stakeholders
- Operational stakeholders
- Other sub-functions
- Pragmatic commercial outlook and exemplary judgement (balances business value vs. risk) to deliver best outcome
- Demonstrated experience with contract law and/or contract management
- Collaborative mind-set and advanced interpersonal skills
- Highly capable in building constructive long term relationships
- Ability to think laterally to independently resolve issues and influence change
- Autonomous, detail oriented, organised, and objective
- Identify risks and appropriate control options
- Ability to support the development and implementation of complex, regional and / or global categories
- Ability to manage stakeholders across multiple geographical regions
- Role models an ability to thrive in ambiguous environments
- Exercises sound judgement to listen; ask the right questions; validate assumptions and understand stakeholder requirements
- Skilled in conflict management & facilitation
- Approaching work with a strategic mind-set including the ability to identify new opportunities and drive them to implementation
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.