Newman Operations | Excavator and Dozer | FIFO 8:6 / 7:7 and Residential
Job Type: Full time
BHP's Newman Operations are seeking experienced Ancillary Operators to join our successful crews!
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
Newman Operations is a part of Western Australia Iron Ore (WAIO) and consists of two mining sites in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Newman Operations is an integral part of BHP’s iron ore business. Comprising of Newman East and Newman West, Newman Operations accounts for about 78 million tonnes in total iron ore production.
Newman Operations are currently seeking experienced Production Technicians across a number of crews, due to growth and internal progressions.
Our Newman Production teams are on an 8:6 / 7:7 12-hour day/night FIFO roster or a Residential Lifestyle Roster, we currently have multiple opportunities for both Roster options.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced Excavator and Dozer operators committed to reducing workplace risk through active participation in behaviour based safety programs, hazard and event reporting procedures whilst contributing to a productive & healthy team culture.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor, within the Mining Production team your duties will include:
- Operate Excavator and Dozer machines as per operational needs
- 8:6 / 7:7 12-hour day/night FIFO Roster and Residential Lifestyle Roster
- Complete daily pre-starts on equipment and inspection of your work area
- Maximise compliance with operational plan by ensuring all activities are performed and carried out in accordance with plan and work instructions
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures through inspections
- Actively participate in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour (Code of Business Conduct)
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experience in a production mining environment operating some of the following machinery or their equivalent: D10 Dozer, Liebherr 9400 and 996 Excavators.
- Experience with autonomous haulage systems is advantageous but not essential
Minimum of 2 years Production Mining experience
- Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong communications skills
- Working knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- HR class WA driver’s licence preferred but C class license essential
You will be based at our ‘Newman’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out even time 8:6 / 7:7 roster and Residential Lifestyle Roster. There is also residential opportunities available where you will be able to go on a lifestyle roster. The outstanding facilities at Warrawandu FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room, music room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 4G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.