Principal Studies | Minerals Australia | Brisbane | Flexible
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Studies, you will support and coach the development of project deliverables through BHP’s project development lifecycle phases. You will play a significant role in delivering business value through superior safety, scope, cost, schedule, and quality outcomes.
Working in a proactive and supportive team, you will be outcomes focused, promoting business excellence using your broad range of skills in project management, problem solving, technical knowledge, stakeholder engagement and value optimisation.
This position is based in Brisbane, working Monday to Friday, offering exceptional flexibility.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide regular reporting on scope, cost and schedule compliance to plan in accordance with Our Requirements and the Minerals Australia Projects Internal Standard;
- Perform regular evaluations of risks relevant to study and design phases of projects;
- Liaising with and coordinating stakeholders within an integrated, multi-disciplinary project team to ensure strong relationships and project engagement and maintain focus on project objectives;
- Identifying and delivering capital productivity initiatives, including Value Optimisation, Engineering Effectiveness and Construction Productivity;
- Engage operational stakeholders to ensure the problem is clearly defined and analysed;
- Maximise project value by identifying options through creative thinking processes;
- Prepare study management documentation including study work plans, end of phase reports, key value drivers and investment approval requests.
The successful candidate will be highly driven, outcome focused and have experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments. You will be an effective problem solver with excellent verbal / presentation and written communications skills.
You will have divergent and convergent thinking skills, an ability to identify and assess risks and recognise project dependencies and be adept at stakeholder management. Your ability to manage complexity and ambiguity will be a key strength in this role.
You will have:
- Proven experience supporting and delivering projects or studies in engineering, construction, heavy industry or infrastructure.
- Effective stakeholder engagement and influencing abilities.
- Degree qualified in project management, engineering, management, or finance related disciplines is desired, but not essential.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.