Mine Engineer - 2 Year Tactical Mine Designs | Iron Ore | Flexible Roster
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
BHP Western Australia Iron Ore’s Integrated Production and Remote Operations (IPRO) team manages the Iron Ore supply chain via scheduling, forecasting, deviation management, controlling and inventory accounting across mine, rail and port operations. With an over-arching focus on safety, the IPRO team brings dedication, innovation and values to execute and improve productivity, safety and environmental impact.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Mining Professional to join our inclusive and high performing IPRO Team. As a Design Engineer you will play a key role in supporting the development of an executable schedule, identifying risk and opportunities, managing change and communicating the operating strategy without compromising on quality and sustainability, whilst maximising productivity.
Reporting to the Superintendent Production Scheduling, you will play an integral role by:
- Serving as the conduit between planning, operations and other key stakeholders, providing technical engineering guidance and support that enables both the schedule and execution.
- Ensuring all plans and work packs consider practicality, productivity and safety considerations
- Understanding the economic drivers that underpin both revenue and cost within the operation to ensuring these are incorporated into decision making.
- Driving our safety culture through quality field leadership
- Seeking to continuously improve both efficiency and value of the process through work planning practices and procedures
- Identifying and implementing cultural and process improvement initiatives within the team/operation
- Ensuring that risk in the plan or designs are proactively identified, mitigated and where required adequately controlled
- Ensuring sound engagement of key stakeholders both with regards to gathering plan inputs and the communication of plan outputs
- Assisting the Superintendent with the creation of budgets and forecasts for the Mine Planning area and formulating feasible production forecasts and schedules that account for HSEC, volume and cost requirements.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability, and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across our Geoscience, Engineering, Studies and Operational Teams. As the successful candidate, you will preferably possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering (or related discipline).
- Experience in a large scale open pit mining operation.
- Experience in mine design and short-medium term mine scheduling/design
Working at our Western Australia Iron Ore operations, you will enjoy outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages including; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted soccer court, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.