Superintendent Rail Operations Services | WAIO | Pt Hedland | Residential or FIFO
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Rail Operations, this is a true leadership role where you will provide oversight and direction to a high-performing team that supports complex crew rostering, logistics and flights for the Rail Operations department. You will lead the strategic planning for the group that integrates with execution and production planning.
As an effective leader, your team will be guided by your expertise and support the successful outcomes of the wider group.
This is a Pt Hedland based position and can be offered on a 5/2 residential or 5/2,4/3 FIFO basis.
In this role you will:
- Have accountability for performance of rail operations services team to ensure safe, on time and budget delivery of targets across training, logistics management
- Driving continuous improvement through development of processes, systems, and practices to ensure safe and efficient train operations
- Develop and review rail operations systems, processes and procedures to achieve desired behaviours and performance outcomes
- Participate in planning the long-term growth strategy while managing short term performance requirements
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic plans and projects to ensure business plans, goals and key performance indicators are met.
- Drive a learning culture to identify root causes of non-conformance and implement improvement strategies
- Demonstrated Leadership and knowledge of Logistics, Supply Chain or Rail Operations will be viewed favourably
- Substantial leadership and relevant industry / organisational experience
- Solid understanding of the operational requirements within a rail or supply chain network
- Strong commercial acumen and financial literacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong focus on employee engagement
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing abilities.
- Solution focused with the ability to work well under pressure
- An agile thinker with the ability to collaborate with others to achieve results
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in Safety Leadership and transparent culture
How to Apply
Please apply online before 4 December 2022
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.