Superintendent Yard Operations Rail | Pt Hedland | Residential 5/2 or FIFO 5/2, 4/3
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
As a Leader within our team, you will ensure the strong and collaborative partnership across the Rail Operations executive team. Your experience within Logistics, Supply Chain or Rail Operations as you influence change, communicate ideas throughout the business, whilst building strong relationships as you optimise performance and sustainability will see you succeed in this role.
You will be accountable for a Rail Operations execution team, responsible for safe and sustainable rail production, driving continuous improvements to ensure safe delivery of plan.
This role is based in Pt Hedland and can be offered as Residential 5/2 or FIFO from Perth 5/2, 4/3.
Reporting to the Manager Rail Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Performance of your rail operations teams to ensure safe, on time & budget delivery of iron ore to plan;
- Continuous improvement focus processes, systems, & practices to ensure safe & efficient train operations;
- Coaching the team with planning the long-term growth strategy while managing short term performance requirements;
- Coaching for the development & implementation of strategic plans & projects to ensure business plans, goals & key performance indicators are achieved; and
- Driving a learning culture to identify root causes of non-conformance & implement improvement strategies.
You will have a passion for safety that is second to none and the ability to lead and inspire your team to achieve results, whilst emulating the company values in all tasks they undertake, creating a culture of respect, inclusion and teamwork.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated Leadership & knowledge of Logistics, Supply Chain or Rail operations;
- Tertiary qualification in supply chain management, logistics, business, technical or operations management will be viewed favourably;
- Substantial leadership & relevant industry/organizational experience;
- Understanding of the operational requirements within a rail or supply chain network;
- Strong commercial acumen & financial literacy; and
- Excellent written, verbal & interpersonal communications skills with a strong focus on employee engagement.
In this role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in Northwest Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. In this position you will be provided with a rental accommodation allowance in accordance with BHP Iron Ore’s Housing policy. BHP Supports Flexible work and will consider residential or Fly In, Fly Out rosters for this role.
How to Apply
Please apply online before 4 December 2022
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.