Principal Technology Project Delivery | Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Principal Project Manager to join our Asset West Team within the sub-function of Technology.
This role provides Technology Project management leadership to a team focussed on delivery of digital technology solutions enabling the iron ore supply chain covering mining and fixed plant equipment control systems in line with business and functional requirements.
Reporting to the Delivery Manager Asset West your key accountabilities include leading a team that:
- Leads a culture of care through visible safety leadership and an uncompromising commitment to Health, Safety, Community and the Environment.
- Understands our customer and how to relentless meet their needs.
- Provides input into sourcing, design and delivery of technology capital projects.
- Lead, plan and coordinate a portfolio of Technology projects from concept initiation to execution, including preparation of project documentation and procedures.
- Establishes the strategic direction and drives input into the identification and evaluation of new technologies to support mining and plant control systems.
- Enables innovation aligned with the Technology project delivery roadmap to maximising key business drivers aimed at unlocking the iron ore supply chain.
- Drives improvement of standards and technology project delivery processes, systems and standards.
- Coordinates and guides of team resources and capabilities, internal and external, for their application to high value business projects according to Our requirements and standards for project delivery.
- Identifies, engages and manages a range of diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Gains support for and negotiates outcomes that achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Conducts risk management and verification of solutions developed and deployed.
- Collaborates with the assets and Technology function SMEs to develop business cases and investment roadmaps for prioritized initiatives that are focused on value being tracked and achieved.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement that actively adapts ways of working to achieve acceleration and delivery at pace.
- Strives to achieve 100% safety, 100% customer value and 0% waste.
You will be a trailblazer who understands the value digital products can bring to our Assets.
We want you to be a clear and effective communicator that can relate to your team and key stakeholders. You will not be afraid to challenge the status quo and able to look at new and innovative solutions that can bring safety and productivity gains throughout the product delivery lifecycle. Coupled with solid governance, business and financial acumen you will have supported cross-functional teams in pursuit of transformation outcomes.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Understanding of operational technology in an asset-intensive industry is essential.
- Quantified experience in enabling sustainable change outcomes for Technology in an operating business.
- Ability to deal with complexity and distil key issues with excellent analytical skills
- Experience in translating a defined set of business requirements into system and sub-system requirements specifications.
- Be able to connect strategy to action and lead a project delivery team accordingly.
- Experience in creating a product to satisfy the customer requirements.
- Knowledge of technology delivery principles and methodologies.
- Graduate qualifications in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting and guiding high performing technical project delivery teams.
- Demonstrated solution stewardship on technically complex projects would be considered highly beneficial.
- Exposure to automation and innovation.
- Be a great communicator at all levels of external and internal stakeholders across operations and functions.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
You will be working on a Monday-Friday roster with some opportunity for a Flexi work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please apply online before 4 December 2022
You may be requested to complete a short video assessment as part of your application.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.