Environment Principal | BMA | Blackwater | Resi / DIDO | Mon - Fri
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We currently have a full time opportunity to join our Health, Safety and Environment team as a Principal Environment at Blackwater Mine Site in the Bowen Basin. The Principal Environment provides subject matter expertise into the design and establishment of environment standards, procedures and systems while facilitates and supports line management for environmental risk assessments, event investigation, field leadership and compliance. You will utilise your excellent relationship building and people skills to deliver a wide range of environmental services and initiatives.
This role is offered on a 5:2 roster reporting directly to the HSE Superintendent. Flexible work options will be considered.
In this role you will:
- Work in partnership with line leadership to employ effective controls to manage environmental risks
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Our Requirements Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Identify strategic environmental focus areas for the operation and engage proactively with line leadership on these matters;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant regulators and key site and function Superintendents;
- Coach and mentor the site environmental specialists;
- Implement and provide governance of the Environment Management System;
- Support the development of technical capabilities of the operational and greater Coal environment team
- Execute activities that the Environment sub function is accountable for (monitoring, implementation and view of plans; and verification and reporting), and build capability and capacity within the line functions by coaching, mentoring and the provision of technical environmental advice.
To be successful in this role you will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Attention to detail will be a vital attribute, along with strong business acumen.
You will also have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Environmental Management, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering, coupled with
- Previous experience on-site within the resources industry.
- Experience in addressing legislative state and federal environmental requirements
- Sound GIS capabilities will also be highly regarded.
- Ability to build consultative and influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people, BHP requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with BHP’s Covid Policy and any relevant State health directives. If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.